The indicator Energy Simulation represents what the plant should produce under specified environmental conditions experienced by the installation. In this way we de-couple the performance of the PV installation from the resource conditions providing a better estimation of the performance of the PV power plant with a certain degree of confidence.
Energy symulated uses satellite environmental data that are used to estimate actual irradiation and module temperature in the most accurate way. The estimation of modules temperature have been improved today to take into account:
- Wind speed for modules cooling
- Installation set up of the modules with correct distance from the support, used to estimate the ventilation of modules back sheet
- Module specifications temperature for the calculation of MPP conditions
Additionally, the following hardware settings are used:
- Degradation factor: SynaptiQ Configurator gives the possibility to indicate a degradation factor. This is counted into the computation of expected yield (Energy Simuation) as an annual degradation of expected performances.
- Single axis tracker are now supported in the SynaptiQ simulation framework.